Here are five things that I learned or was reminded of this week:
1. God stirs us and wants us out of our comfort zones sometimes.
2. Mega million mania is fun to watch but money doesn’t buy happiness.
3. Tacos are good… in moderation.
4. Be generous.
5. The world needs to hear our story, our voice. Don’t be afraid to share it.
What did you learn this week?
Something changes in people when the mega millions jackpot reaches stratospheric levels. They cease being normal. They daydream out loud. They become giddy with excitement like a child on Christmas eve. They speak of how they will never work again and how they will live on a grand estate and eat chocolate covered strawberries that are hand fed to them by their butler, Frederick. They brag about how they will be richer than the president.
I have to admit. I have drank this water as well. I will often daydream about things I would do if I were to win or inherit a large sum of money. Imagine, if you will, what you would do if you won the current jackpot of over $500,000,000.
With that absurd amount of money I could do some absurd things. These thoughts are all hypothetical of course since I don’t ever play the lottery but can’t a guy dream? Here are ten ridiculous things I would do if I were an instant half a billionaire:
1. I would buy a house for my dog. A real house. Probably the one next door.
2. I would buy a minor league baseball team and move them to my hometown. They would play their home games in my backyard and their mascot would be a ninja.
3. I would buy a mountain in the Rockies.
4. I would build, not buy, an island in the caribbean. It would be lush and serene and would be completely hurricane proof.
5. I would hire all the Iron Chefs. One each for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
6. I would hire Chuck Norris as my personal body guard.
7. I would pay Apple to create a one of a kind iPhone just for me.
8. I would buy an airline and plaster my face on every plane. Every seat would be first class but at coach prices.
9. I’d host and play in my own Hunger Games every year but we would play with paintball guns and dodge balls.
10. I would change my name to “$tewart”.
What ridiculous things would you add to this list?